Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Open Skies / Open Mind / Boom dee ah da

I saw today the strangest thing I have ever seen in my 2 years... 2 clouds actually traveling in two different directions... looking as if to collide.

Pa of course happily provided the answer... (the show-off...) Two different air fronts meeting... and we just happen to be right underneath it. One is high then the other... and the cooler front is pushing the warmer one over it.

And hence the creation of Frontal Rain.
Ok... not exactly mind-numbing stuff... but sometimes the wonder of our little planet amazes me without end.

Currently... I really love this song and advert.

I love the mountains,
I love the clear blue skies,
I love big bridges,
I love when great whites fly,
I love the whole world and all its sites and sounds boomdiata x4.
I love the ocean, I love real dirty things,
I love to go fast,
I love Egyptian kings,
I love the whole world and all its craziness boomdiata x4.
I love tornados,
I love arachnids love hot magma, I love the giant squids, I love the whole world its such a brilliant place boomdiata x10.

Its apparently a old camp fire song... not that Pa or anyone has heard it before. And the lyrics are different. But its still an advert that has a great impact to everyone that watches it.

Its an advert selling Earth. Reminding us all just how wonderful the place is. The simple innocence and lyrics tells us that putting through a message needn't use too many words. Sometimes, words just screw things up.
The world is a beautiful place. Made ugly by human beings.
Their rules.
Their regulations.
Their politics.
Their relationships.
Their ideals.
Ironically, the very same thing that makes this place ugly... can also make it beautiful. People, Dogs, all on an inflatable raft not really caring that a rottie just swam past them. They didn't scream nor shout nor faint.
As beautiful as it looks... we all know that we can only be allowed to look in from the outside. Especially once we have been removed from the inner circle. They may not have screamed, not shout, nor faint... including us in their circle would probably take a lot more effort than it looks.

Wear Sunscreen.

No comments: