- Biters are 6.2 times as likely to be male than female
- Biters are 2.6 times as likely to be intact than neutered
- Biters are 2.8 times as likely to be chained as unchained
- Biters were significantly more likely to be German Shepherd or Chow Chow, male and unneutered, 50lbs and above and under 5 years of age
- Biters were significantly more likely to reside in a house with one or more children and more likely to be chained while in the yard
- Children aged 12 and younger were the victims in 51% of all cases; the median age of all bite victims was 12 years (range 1-83 years)
- 64% of bite victims were male
- 76% of the bites were recorded as minor and 24% as severe
- 50% of bites occurred on the sidewalk, street, alley or playground; 30% in the owner's yard; 14% in the owner's house and 4% in the victim's yard
The Rottweiler is not even MENTIONED!
However, the site does put us as pretty dangerous. Go take a read especially where innocent children lose their lives to irresponsible owners.