But only Pa wasn't allowed to go on the Hash at first because there was a New Rule... (Which Pa didn't know...)
For the safety of all HUMAN runners, members/guests must wear proper RUNNING SHOES on the trail. Members/guests in sandals, flip-flops or slippers will not be allowed on the run.
No one told Pa... so Pa went in Croc Shoes like these...
These Crocs are called Off Roads. Obviously they were meant to be heavier duty trekking shoes.
Here are several Reasons why Crocs are better than normal shoes.
- Crocs are made out of a patented closed cell resin which is REALLY soft and super comfortable .They also mould to your feet as you wear them creating a perfectly fitted shoe.
- Designed with a Orthotic heel, built in arch support and a massaging insole Crocs ensure the comfort and health of your feet.
- Resistant to bacteria and odour ensuring hygine and making smelly shoes a thing of the past. Crocs feel like they're barely there - weighing only six ounces.
- Designed with vents so air passes through the shoe keeping your feet cool.
- Ultra-hip Italian styling. (ok...this point is debatable)
- Incredibly slip resistant, will not scuff or mark floors or decking.
- Easy maintenance, just wipe them clean or sterilize them in water or bleach.
- They float.
- Water, sand and debris pass through the vents.
- The strap can be worn at the back of the foot or forward for a clog look.
During the just past Hash, people WITH track shoes still sprained their ankles, at least 2 went into the water, and some scrapped their knees.
Some of the Hash Organisers were fine with Pa's footwear but others were very much against Pa wearing Crocs "Off-Roads"
This would definately minimise the risk of sprains and other feet injury during the jungle run.As scrapped knees and branch attacks are also common as well as sliding down muddy hills, Pa also suggests the SAF Combat pants in Kaki Green as it would hide the dirt and mud, and totally protect your legs from Mozzie attacks and minor cuts and bruises.
Now, we can do away with all the ugly SAF no.4 tops and instead use this body hugging uber cool combat shirt. This would suit your combat pants and protect you from injury. Not to mention you can break for cover without risking ant bites.
Now... We all know the head is the most important part of the body, and we should wear proper helmets into the jungle. This would protect our heads from falling and hitting any sharp objects and branches. The optional visor would also help protect our eyes from any soil flying through the air from the front runner's boots.
A walking stick that can double up as a baton would help clear some overgrown paths and have minimal protection from wild animals or over excited dogs. A couple of whacks from the stick should be enough to convince the animal that you are not to be trifled with.
Of course the best would be color coordinated and as we all know, Black is the new...er... Black. This sort of outfit should be proposed to all future Hashes. Like that, we can be ready for Anything.
Slips. Falls. Mozzie attacks. Wild Animals. Riots.