- Keep your cool you have a job to do.
- Do not waste time screaming at the dogs. It hardly ever works.
- Your goal is still the same; you must break up the fight without getting hurt.
- Go get a leash (allow the fight to continue while you do this).
- Dogs are almost always locked onto one another. Walk up and loop the leash around the back loin of the dog by either threading the leash through the handle or use the clip.
- Now slowly back away and drag the dog to a fence or to an object that you can tie the leash to.
- By doing this, you effectively create an anchor for one of the dogs.
- Then walk around and grab the back legs of the second dog and drag it away from the dog that is tied up. Remember to turn and circle as they release.
- Drag the dog into a dog pen or another room before you release the back legs.
- Go back and take the dog off the fence and put him or her into a dog kennel.
- Sit down and have a stiff drink (or two).
You can visit his site to take a look just how badly injured you can get if you get inbetween two dogs without knowing what to do. Trying to pry open another dogs mouth and hitting with a branch is definately not the answer.
The Best thing is of course...make love...not fights. Whats wrong with sharing?
By the way, for those who are keeping track, I'm almost 19kg.